I've been getting tons of sweet potatoes in my farm share lately, so I always have some around. I got some cilantro last week too, and I really wanted to do something delicious, but had to make sure not to get any more veggies to accompany it because I already have an overwhelming quantity of cabbage to consume.
I cooked up the cabbage with an Asian-style dressing with ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, and rice vinegar, along with a couple of farm share onions. I planned to cook up some tofu, and serve the sweet potatoes with a Thai peanut sauce with the cilantro. I drained and cubed 2 blocks of extra firm tofu and sautéed it in a nonstick skillet on high heat until it was slightly browned on several sides. I also cubed two medium sweet potatoes, pretty small, like less than 1cm per side, and microwaved it until it was soft. Then I mixed up a sauce from peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, my hot sauce, and some water, and tossed the sweet potato cubes in it. After I added the chopped cilantro, Sam suggested I should mix in the tofu too. It turned out amazingly well!
No comments:
Post a Comment